Sunday, August 25, 2013

It has been raining for several days now...actually ever since we had a stretch of dry weather and I took the "henhouse" apart so that I could start building the proper one...

Today we have flash flood warnings in Yavapai County...all pretty normal this time of year.  So, poor Lucy and Edwina, the hens, are feeling sort of homeless...but they still have their roosts in a dry, tarped area, but since there's no way I'm plugging in power tools outdoors today, they're going to have to wait on getting their nest boxes back.

Might as well switch gears and stick in some plants I just acquired.  One that I'm pretty excited about is Heatwave Hyssop " an agastache hybrid.  I' ve trying to keep the upper garden near the split rail fence totally native plants, so not sure if I should plant a few up there, but probably will.  Really nice for attracting hummingbirds and butterflies and I guess you could say these variety is "half-native." :)

Great Information on Heatwave Hyssop from Native Plants and Wildlife Gardens: Healthy Gardens, Healthy Planet.


The plants I'm about to stick in the ground were grown by Monrovia.

Well, time to "get my Oregon on..." and my boots, and head out into the rain.