Sunday, April 7, 2013

Homesteading in Homer, AK

We're settled in our new rental house....out towards the head of Kachemak Bay.  Has a woodstove, but it seems a little finicky.  After burning wood in the winter for 20 years in Oregon and the woodstove on my folks ranch in New River, it just seems like it should be easier than this. 

Had snow today and it was cold in a.m.  Real cold.  Keeping a wary eye on the moose munching in the bushes I went out for something to use as kindling.  I would give alot for my cord of pinon in Prescott.  Can't really tell if they firewood is green, the chimney maybe needs to be cleaned, or what would help. 

Actually locating the fireplace tools would help...:)

 
A photo of "kindling"...first time I've used a potato masher & spatula to tend a fire....

No comments: